Ultimedia has developed UltiNHS to answer the need for a powerful content managed web site to replace existing sites built in FrontPage, Dreamweaver or other tools that do not enable the efficient creation and management of content. UltiNHS takes a content management approach, freeing content creators from having to understand web design or code and maintaining a consistent style and quality across the site. Alongside the core product we offer associated services including security, integration with other systems, hosting and support. The complete UltiNHS system makes for effective and rapid site creation and maintenance.
UltiNHS – 5 Essential Ingredients
- UltiNHS site design – a standard solution built on the content management platform for an NHS look and feel, structure and typical functions.
- Templates – standard page designs for displaying content. The template contains the pre-defined typefaces, colours, and layout that give the site its look and feel.
- Additional Functionality – linked to each page template are a wide range of functions, including online forms, voting, newsgroups and Really Simple Syndication (RSS) handling.
- Content management platform – provides the underlying functionality, including: version control, web site preview, system workflow, and access control.
- Repository – the underlying database in which all of the information (pictures, documents, etc.) used by the web site is stored. Separation of content and application supports scalability onto multi-server architectures for even higher performance.
- Best in class usability – creating new pages, moving pages between areas of the sites and managing page review, sign off and expiry are all extremely easy, making this the best in class solution. It is also possible to publish pages directly from Word (Microsoft Office), making this the easiest site for approved users across the organisation to add to and update.